Posted on December 16 2016
'Tis the season to be jolly, and eat cookies, of course!
Here's a scrumptious recipe to try out this holiday season.
1 can almond paste
3 sticks butter/margarine
1 cup sugar
2 cups flower
10 drops green food coloring
8 drops red food coloring
1 jar raspberry preserves
3 squares semi sweet chocolate
What to do:
- Mix paste, sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Separate into 3 bowls
- Grease 3 pans and line with wax paper
- Mix red food coloring into one bowl
- Mix green food coloring into 2nd bowl
- Leave one bowl plain
- Spread each color into a different pan
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes
- Cool and remove from pans
- Remove wax paper
- When cool spread raspberry preserve between layers
- Continue stacking on top of each other
- Cover top layer with foil and press down with something over night
- Next day melt chocolate and spread onto top
- Let chocolate harden and cut and serve!
Yummm. Bon Appétit!