The snow is coming! And with a chance of us getting snowed in we must be prepared! So we made a list of snowy day must haves that are absolute essentials.
1. A comfy cute outfit
On a snow day comfortable is a must but we're totally staying cute and stylish.
2. Wine & Candles
Two of our favorite things! Must haves to set the mood for a relaxing night!
3. A yummy snack
Cinnamon Bun Popcorn (Does anything sound better?!)
Ingredients for the popcorn
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for the glaze
- 3 tablespoons Icing sugar (Confectioners sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions for the popcorn
1. Pop your popcorn in your preferred way
2. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
3. In a medium sized pan melt the sugar, cinnamon, light corn syrup, butter and vanilla extract over a medium heat. You are not looking to boil this just gently melt it. (You could also melt it all together in a microwave.)
4. Once out and cooled add the baking soda, now you mixture will bubble up and become a bit foamy.
5. Its time to coat your popcorn, get a large sheet of parchment paper and spread out the popcorn and pour the coating over it and make sure it was all covered.
6. Place your coated popcorn on a baking sheet, spread it out so it’s a single layer and bake in the oven stirring it every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
7. Take it out of the oven and allow it to fully cool, about 15 minutes as this will allow the coating to harden.
1. To make the drizzle place the icing sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and add the water and stir. Add more icing sugar if you prefer a thicker consistency or a tiny drop of water if you prefer it a little runnier.
4. Shows to binge watch
There is nothing better to do on a snowy day then binge watch some of your favorites; We're totally watching Sex and the City, Law and Order, and Friends.
5. A little something to keep you entertained
We can't get enough of Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum's Lip Sync Battles. So when you are going stir crazy and need a good laugh watch these!