Thanksgiving Treats, Yum!
Posted on November 23 2015
3. Once the cream cheese is softened, mix the Oreos and cream cheese together until well blended.
4. Use a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to form into acorn shapes. To form, roll into an elongated ball, then pinch one end to make it slightly tapered. Place the acorns on a baking sheet with wax paper and place them in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. After the acorns are hard, melt the chocolate. Dip each acorn into the chocolate with a fork. Tap the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate – then place back on parchment paper. Continue until all acorns are dipped, and then allow them to come to room temperature to harden.(smooth out the chocolate with the spoon while it is hot).
6. Once the chocolate covered acorns are hardened, melt the peanut butter chips and pour brown sprinkles into a separate bowl.
7. Dip the tops of each chocolate covered acorn into the peanut butter – then immediately dip into the sprinkles.
8. Cut ½ inch pieces of the pretzel sticks. Dip the edge of each pretzel stick into the butterscotch and press into the top of each acorn. Return to baking sheet to allow the pretzels to set before serving.
PLUS...In about 10-15 minutes (about the time it takes to order and wait at Starbucks), you can
make your own homemade PSL, with none of the preservatives or whatever "natural flavors" are.
You will need:
1 cup of milk
1 tbl of sugar
(more or less depending on your taste)
1 tbl pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
(or make your own - 1/4 tsp each of ginger, cinnamon, allspice, 1/8 tsp nutmeg)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 cup brewed espresso
(I don't have an espresso machine so I just
brewed regular coffee at double strength)
What to do:
1. Measure all ingredients.
2. Combine pumpkin, spices, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk in a saucepan.
Whisk together and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Whisk in remainder of milk.
3. Strain mixture into a small pitcher or bowl.
4. Pour it back into the pan and whisk again on low for 2 minutes. Add coffee.
5. Whisk together for another minute until foamy.
Let us know if you tried this at home and what you thought in the comments section.