Met Gala Fashion
Posted on May 07 2014
Fashion's most important night, the MET Gala 2014, was held on Monday evening in New York. It was packed with designers, editors and Hollywood's most fashionable celebrities. The get-ups this year were...well, let's just say we needed a whole day to take it all in.
1. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley spiced it up a little with her short Balmain dress and shoes, and we can't get enough of it! Leopard print, leather and chains, oh my! We love this fierce, chic look on her!
2. Blake Lively dripped with classic Hollywood glamour from head to toe. She looked dazzling in a custom blush Gucci Première silk chiffon gown with glimmering rose gold embellishment, blush satin Gucci heels and Lorraine Schwartz jewels. We love it, this may have been our favorite look on her ever!
3. Kim Kardashian had to make a major comeback after last years upholstered baby bump and matching gloves, and we must say she knocked it out of the park. She stunned everyone in a sexy blue Lavin dress. She had a little of the Angelia Jolie leg pop syndrome going, but she worked it! Job well done Kim, let those Vogue haters hate!
4. If there's ever an event where you can go big or go home it's the Met Gala, and Arizona Muse definitely went big in this custom Ralph & Russo Haute Couture gown. This feminine yet structured red dress looks like something Grace Kelly would've worn. It's a little bit over the top without leaving everyone wondering how the heck she'll sit down in that. Donna Martin, take a lesson.
5. Hey, Upper East Siders, doesn't Leighton Meester looks like she just left one of Jay Gatsby's soirées? The beading on this embroidered Emilio Pucci is breathtaking, and the plunging neckline is just the right amount of sexy when paired with long sleeves. It's a nod to another era without being a costume. We expect nothing less from Blair Waldorf. xoxo.
6. Who doesn't love Emma Stone? She always looks so adorable and we are loving this Thakoon crop top and skirt pairing. Lots of pink on the red carpet this year, but her fresh, modern look beat them all. Love the color combo, and um...her hair? Totally stealing that style.
1. Seriously, Kate Upton? You chose the Met Gala as the perfect time to out yourself as a part-time Victorian-era prostitute? That's the only explanation for this Dolce & Gabana catastrophe.
2. I hate to do this, especially to Chanel, but Anna Wintour just doesn't look good. She's the Queen of the Fashion Kingdom, but looks like she stole this outfit from the court jester. And those shoes belong on a resort somewhere, not paired with Chanel couture. It's your party, but we'll cry if we want to.
3. Erykah Badu, it may be Givenchy, but it looks like Pharrell played a joke on you. I'm sorry, just not feeling this look AT ALL.
*Worst Dressed DISNEY PRINCESS EDITION*
4. Lupita Nyong'o? More like Lupita Nyong'NO. We usually LOVE your style, but what in the heck? It's like Peter Pan meets Pocahontas meets Ariel just got caught in a net. Make it stop. Please. You are better than this Prada
5. Katie Holmes, er, Belle? This Marchesa gown makes her look like she had a rough night with Beast. And maybe one too many martinis.
6. Cinderelly, Cinderelly... Can someone please set the clock to midnight so this dress magically disappears and Sandra Lee can go back to wearing something else?