2014 Golden Globes Fashion. Our picks for best and worst.
Posted on January 13 2014
It's officially awards season! The 2014 Golden Globes were held last night in Los Angeles and the stars were out, dressed in their Hollywood best. We love red carpet fashion - the good, the not-so-good and the downright fashion DON'Ts. Here are some of our picks for who got it right and who missed the mark.
1. Amy Adams. My absolute favorite of the night. The color blocking, the plunging neckline, the flowing train. This red Maison Valentino knockout is a definite nod to her character in "American Hustle". Amy not only won Best Actress, Musical or Comedy, she won the red carpet last night.
2. Naomi Watt's slinky gold Tom Ford halter dress channeled Old Hollywood glam while still being modern. Paired with simple gold accessories and natural makeup, Naomi makes our list for Best Dressed this year.
3. Is there ever a time Kate Beckinsale doesn't look good? This Zuhair Murad sequins number is an absolute stunner! Everything about this work looks for Kate - the neckline, the mermaid shape, hair, nails, bag, I could go on...
4. Emma Roberts is classic chic in this black Lanvin gown. Her turquoise earrings give just the right pop of color while her simple hair and makeup show off her beautiful face. Well done, Emma. You prove sometimes simple is just as gorgeous as over-the-top.
5. It takes a lot of guts to show up on a red carpet in a cape, but it really paid off for Lupita Nyong'o. She looks absolutely amazing in this Ralph Lauren dress! It accentuates her figure just enough and the simple silhouette is the perfect complement to the bordering-on-neon red color. It's both timeless and fashion forward. Bravo.
6. Oh, Jennifer Lawrence. Can we be best friends? Now, this Dior dress really polarized people, but I think she looks absolutely adorable. What really makes this look work are her dark lips and nails, and smoky eyes. Good job, Jen, and congrats on your win!
1. Lena, Lena, Lena Dunham. You're so smart and funny, but why can't you find a dress that fits properly? We know you're besties with Zac Posen, but maybe you should try a designer whose gowns are better suited to you? This, unfortunately, is a miss.
2. Where do I begin with Zoe Saldana? First off, let's all just agree that's she's totally beautiful, but this Prabal Gurung dress! There is just too much going on. It's like a patchwork, applique, elbow straps (huh?), see-through-on-the-bottom, cat-ears-on-the-top hot mess.
3. Is that Paula Patton? I can't see past the giant Stephane Rolland poof...
*SHARP DRESSED MEN*
1. Bradley Cooper, Tom Ford works for you. Damn.
2. Usher stood out in this oxblood Calvin Klein tux. While I normally prefer guys to dress in a classic black and white tux I applaud Usher's bold fashion choice. He looks great!
3. Leo. 'Nough said.
1. Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan-Tatum might be the perfect couple. Jenna's Roberto Cavalli fishtail mermaid gown is simply stunning, and her arm candy husband isn't bad either in Gucci. These two have danced right into our good graces.
2. Again proving that the wives were the real winners last night is Camila Alves. This sparkling number completely stole the show, even next to Matthew McConaughey's green velvet blazer. These two are both wearing Dolce & Gabbana. Maybe the couple that designers together stays together?
*HOT MAMAS (TO BE)*
1. Olivia Wilde makes pregnant look perfect in this green sequins, long-sleeved Gucci masterpiece. Love how form-fitting it is. Show off that baby bump! The color is also a standout for the night. We rarely see green on the red carpet. It's a refreshing change that looks great on her.
2. Kerry Washington is known for her fashion risks. Some work, some don't. This look definitely does. Her white Balenciaga gown flaunts her belly in just the right way. She said on the carpet, "I feel like I have the best date of the night. My little accessory tonight." We couldn't agree more.
We're always up for a little fashion debate. Do you agree with our picks? Anyone you loved (or hated) that you think should be on our list? Share in the comments section!