Confidence is Comfortable
Posted on December 07 2013
Here at Ooh we are all about embracing the REAL YOU!
Confidence is the prettiest thing a girl can wear, and we want you to be comfortable doing so. Here are some helpful tips!
1. Respect Your Body - It may not look the way you want it to, but remember it's a work in progress that will truly never end.
2. Love Me, Myself, and I - It's okay to be selfish sometimes. You need to love yourself just like you need to love your family and significant others. It's the same concept you show them love to make them feel good about themselves, so why shouldn't you do the same for you?
3. Want What You Want - Our desires are motivations. Some are in reach and some aren't, but they are something to work for. No matter what they are, if it makes you feel good and happy then who's to say it's wrong? YOU deserve your desires.
4. Embrace the Bad - It just so happens that everything doesn't go our way. Don't forget, when it rains it pours. When unwanted circumstances present themselves, take your moment whine about it, and then slam the door in its face and use that as motivation to make something good happen.
5. Own Your Actions - We're human, we all make mistakes. The only thing worse than making a mistake is blaming it on the circumstances around you, or others. Owning your actions is being honest with yourself and others. Honesty is respectable and empowering, which in return will make you feel good about yourself.
6. Never Settle - Every day is a gift. Cliche, I know, but true at the same time. If you have to go to that job that you can't stand every day, find a way to make it not so bad. Treat yourself to something before or after work, or work on finding a way to leave for a better opportunity. It sounds scary, but downsizing can lead to good things. Find something to do that doesn't make you want to pull your hair out.
7. Change Your Mind - Your beliefs become your reality. This is called the "Happy Advantage". If you believe good things, good things will come. That's how the mind works, and it's been scientifically proven so just do it.
9. Live Your Life - Be proactive. I know it's so easy to get wrapped up in that new series you just started on Netflix, which sometimes is totally necessary, but if you find yourself spending majority of the time watching the television, what kind of life is that? Try to plan activities that stimulate your mind, and maybe you'll actually find yourself having some fun! Try new things, make positive life experiences.
You are You and that's enough.